Need a root canal? Root canal therapy is a procedure used to fix a tooth that is infected or badly decayed. The infection is caused by bacteria that invade the tooth. This can happen after trauma, leaky fillings or tooth decay. A root canal from your dentist can save your tooth from having to be removed. H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care, which is located in West Roxbury, MA, offers a full range of dental services their patients. Here are 5 signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache. A toothache is a sign that you may need root canal treatment. Toothache is pain in or around a tooth. Its level may range from slight to extreme. If left untreated by your dentist in West Roxbury, the pain will get worse over time. Root canal treatment will eliminate your pain and improve your well-being. Many patients have reported that root canals are no more painful than having fillings placed.
2. You have a bump on your gum. Have you noticed a bump on your gums? A bump on the gums is a sign that a root canal is needed. This bump may go away and then come back. The bump is filled with pus caused by bacteria inside the tooth. Pus is a natural result of the body fighting an infection.
3. Your gums are swollen. Gum swelling is a sign that you may need a root canal. If your gums become swollen, they may bulge out, or protrude. The swelling can range from being slight to quite pronounced. The swelling may have presented itself for the first time, with a slow or rapid onset. In severe cases, the swelling may extend into your neck or face.
4. Hot and cold bother you. Do hot and cold temperatures make your teeth hurt? Sensitivity to hot and cold beverages and foods may be a sign that you need a root canal. You may experience a short, sharp pain when the area is exposed to hot or cold temperatures through beverages, foods, or the air.
5. You have a darkened tooth. Do you have one darkened tooth? One darkened tooth may be a sign that a root canal is needed. Other causes of tooth discoloration include tobacco use, certain medications, and dark-colored beverages and foods. Consult with a dental practitioner if you are experiencing any of these problems.
Don't give up on your teeth. If you need a root canal, call H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care at (617) 323-5000 right now to schedule a dental appointment in West Roxbury, MA. Our world-class dentist will make your root canal treatment painless, positive and stress free!
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday:||8:30 AM - 2:00 PM|