Need a root canal? Root canal therapy is a procedure used to fix a tooth that is infected or badly decayed. The infection is caused by bacteria that invade the tooth. This can happen after trauma, leaky fillings or tooth decay. A root canal from your dentist can save your tooth from having to be removed. H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care, which is located in West Roxbury, MA, offers a full range of dental services their patients. Here are 5 signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache. A toothache is a sign that you may need root canal treatment. Toothache is pain in or around a tooth. Its level may range from slight to extreme. If left untreated by your dentist in West Roxbury, the pain will get worse over time. Root canal treatment will eliminate your pain and improve your well-being. Many patients have reported that root canals are no more painful than having fillings placed.
2. You have a bump on your gum. Have you noticed a bump on your gums? A bump on the gums is a sign that a root canal is needed. This bump may go away and then come back. The bump is filled with pus caused by bacteria inside the tooth. Pus is a natural result of the body fighting an infection.
3. Your gums are swollen. Gum swelling is a sign that you may need a root canal. If your gums become swollen, they may bulge out, or protrude. The swelling can range from being slight to quite pronounced. The swelling may have presented itself for the first time, with a slow or rapid onset. In severe cases, the swelling may extend into your neck or face.
4. Hot and cold bother you. Do hot and cold temperatures make your teeth hurt? Sensitivity to hot and cold beverages and foods may be a sign that you need a root canal. You may experience a short, sharp pain when the area is exposed to hot or cold temperatures through beverages, foods, or the air.
5. You have a darkened tooth. Do you have one darkened tooth? One darkened tooth may be a sign that a root canal is needed. Other causes of tooth discoloration include tobacco use, certain medications, and dark-colored beverages and foods. Consult with a dental practitioner if you are experiencing any of these problems.
Don't give up on your teeth. If you need a root canal, call H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care at (617) 323-5000 right now to schedule a dental appointment in West Roxbury, MA. Our world-class dentist will make your root canal treatment painless, positive and stress free!
Teeth whitening is an easy and effective way to rejuvenate your smile. Whether your teeth have become dull with age or are stained from certain foods and beverages, teeth whitening can transform your smile. Some people try using over-the-counter products to whiten their teeth, but professional whitening treatments offered by your dentist deliver the best results. Dr. Hazem Wehbe is your dentist for professional teeth whitening in West Roxbury.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
The benefits of professional teeth whitening available through Dr. Wehbe’s dental office are numerous. A professional strength bleaching agent is used that can deliver a whiter smile in less time than is possible with over-the-counter whitening products. Additionally, your teeth will remain whiter longer with professional teeth whitening. With proper care, the results can last for several years before further whitening treatment is needed. Two types of professional teeth whitening are available: in-office and take-home teeth whitening.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening in West Roxbury is the quickest way to whiten and brighten your smile. Your teeth could be up to eight shades whiter after just one in-office teeth whitening treatment session. A professional strength whitening gel is applied to the teeth by a dental professional. Special precautions are taken to protect the gums and other sensitive areas from coming into contact with the whitening gel since the bleaching agent in it potentially can be harsh.
The whitening gel remains on the teeth for about one hour. After an hour elapses, the whitening gel is cleaned off the teeth, which will be significantly whiter and brighter. No additional whitening treatment session should be needed for a few years.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening
Take-home teeth whitening from your dental office is a convenient way to achieve professional whitening results in the convenience of your own home. Patients who choose the take-home whitening option are provided with a professional quality whitening gel and whitening trays custom made for a perfect fit. To whiten, simply add some of the whitening gel to the trays and place the trays over each row of teeth for about an hour. Repeat regularly as instructed by your dentist to achieve a significantly whiter smile in just a few weeks.
There are many reasons to consider teeth whitening. It can brighten teeth that have become dull with age, eliminate stains and discolorations, and significantly whiten your smile. For professional teeth whitening in West Roxbury, MA, schedule an appointment with Dr. Wehbe by calling (617) 323-5000.
Are you thinking of getting dental implants?
There are many restorative procedures that can help strengthen and rejuvenate your smile, but dental implants are the best. If you're interested, doctors at H.F. Wehbe can provide dental implants in West Roxbury, MA.
More on Dental Implants in West Roxbury:
Dental implants are one of many restorative procedures, like dentures and bridges. Dental implants consist of several parts:
- There's a titanium post that's inserted into the jawbone
- A screw that secures an abutment over the titanium post
- A crown matching the rest of your teeth is placed above the abutment
The titanium post is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth root. It provides stability and strength, and prevents weakening and shrinkage of the jawbone. After placing the titanium post, the dentist will seal your gums and after waiting 3 to 6 months for osseointegration to occur, which is the process of the post fusing to the rest of your jawbone. Afterwards, your dentist re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw and secure a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
Taking Care of Your Implants:
- Like the rest of your teeth, make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss every day, at least once before bed.
- A change in diet is beneficial. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, and avoid sugary foods to prevent the accumulation of plaque.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- They restore bite and chewing function.
- They fill gaps to give you a full smile.
- They restore cracks, chips, or fractures one tooth, a few teeth or all of your teeth.
- Dental implants don't move while you're eating or speaking.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime.
If you have more questions or concerns about dental implants, call your dentists in West Roxbury, MA, by calling them at (617) 323-5000
How dental implants from your dentists in West Roxbury, Massachusetts can rebuild your smile
If you are missing teeth, or if you are wearing an ill-fitting denture that does nothing for your appearance, have you thought about dental implants? If you want a stronger, more natural-looking smile, it’s time to think about dental implants! The dentists at H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. Family Dental Care in West Roxbury, Massachusetts can provide dental implants that will rebuild your smile.
Dental implants can provide natural good looks and enhance your appearance in ways dental bridges or dental appliances can’t match. They provide natural-looking tooth replacement that helps to conserve bone. More bone means a firmer jawline and more youthful facial contours, enhancing your appearance. When you choose dental implants, you will enjoy these important benefits:
- Stability, because dental implants are firmly embedded in bone, so they will not move around
- Natural beauty, because dental implant crowns are made of porcelain, which reflects light and looks just like tooth enamel
- Great oral health, because you brush and floss your implants along with your natural teeth, to keep your smile healthy and beautiful
- Permanence, because dental implant materials resist staining, and you never have to worry about decay, so your smile will stay beautiful for years
- Dental implants are made of biocompatible materials, so your body won’t reject them. In fact, dental implants are the most successful surgical implant. They have a success rate of over 95% according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dental implants are placed in a simple procedure, done right in the office. The jaw bone will grow to fuse with the dental implant, securing it firmly in place. After the area has healed, your dental implants will be capped with sparkling dental implant crowns.
You can replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. You can also use dental implants to supply a strong foundation for a denture, which is snapped in place over the implants.
To find out more about the benefits of dental implants and how they can improve your smile, call the dentists at H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. Family Dental Care in West Roxbury, Massachusetts today!
A dentist can use dentures to fill in smile gaps after tooth loss, but if you want a solution that will stand the test of time, consider dental implants instead. A simple exam will allow your West Roxbury, MA, dentist to find out if you’re a good candidate for this procedure. The sooner you make the decision to replace your missing teeth with dental implants, the higher the probability that you’ll be eligible for this treatment and that it will be successful.
How Dental Implants Restore Your Smile
Each of your teeth serves an important purpose, whether it is to grind food into tiny bits or to tear it into bite-sized pieces. Your front teeth are important for pronunciation and for presenting your smile to the world. Losing even a single tooth can make the simplest and most natural dental functions difficult. A dental implant is designed to restore the entire tooth to its full function. It is a screw-shaped post that’s constructed of biocompatible titanium material. When it fuses with healthy bone tissue, it will hold its position in your jaw for decades. The porcelain dental crown is added to restore your tooth above the gum line.
Qualifying for Dental Implants
As it is with other restorative treatments, your West Roxbury, MA, dentist must confirm the status of your overall dental health before proceeding with dental implantation surgery. To qualify you must have a significant amount of dense bone tissue, which will show up on an X-ray. You should also be in general good health with a strong immune system to ensure fast healing after the procedure.
Dental Implants: Aftercare Tips
The success rate for dental implants is very high according to a study published by the Journal of Dental Research. The long-term stability of the device will mostly depend on how well you care for your smile. Follow these important tips:
- Commit to regular and thorough flossing to avoid gum disease.
- Brush consistently to preserve the strength and health of not only your implant, but also your other natural teeth.
- Cover your teeth with a protective night guard if you believe that you may have a problem with stress-related tooth grinding.
Get the Smile You Want
When you replace missing teeth with dental implants, you can count on long-term results. Call (617) 323-5000 today to schedule an appointment with a dentist at H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. Family Dental Care in West Roxbury, MA.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday:||9:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||9:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday:||8:30 AM - 2:00 PM|