Are you considering straightening your teeth with Invisalign? This discreet orthodontic option offered by your West Roxbury, MA, dentists, Drs. Hazem Wehbe and Monika Kaceli, can transform your smile—read on to learn more.
5 Invisalign Benefits
If you've been looking for a simple, subtle way to improve your appearance, Invisalign may be the perfect treatment option for you. In fact, invisible braces offer these advantages:
- An Improved Smile: Even a few crooked teeth can make you feel self-conscious about your smile. Invisible braces gradually improve the alignment of your teeth, boosting your self-esteem. The Invisalign system uses clear, removable aligner trays that straighten teeth discreetly.
- No More Bite Problems: Bite problems can affect the appearance of your smile, but that's not always the case. Sometimes, the problems can occur even though your teeth look straight. Issues with your bite can affect chewing ability, damage your gums, cut your gum/ mouth, and cause excessive wear and tear on your teeth. Invisalign corrects mild-to-moderate bite problems, including overbites, crossbites, underbites, and open bites.
- An Adjustment-Free Option: Invisible braces don't rely on adjustments to straighten teeth. The aligner trays you'll wear over your teeth exert constant pressure that slowly straightens crooked teeth, corrects bite problems, closes gaps, and eliminates crowding. Your West Roxbury dentist will give you a series of custom-made trays when you start Invisalign treatment. You'll wear each set of trays for about two weeks before swapping them for the next set in the series.
- Convenience: You don't have to avoid certain foods when you straighten your teeth with invisible braces. Before you eat or drink, you'll remove your trays, and simply place them back in your mouth when you are done. You will also take your trays out before brushing and flossing.
- An Excellent Solution for Adults: Depending on your straightening goals, you may only need to wear your aligner trays for six months to a year if you're an adult—children cannot use Invisalign, for their jaws are still developing.
Enhance your smile with invisible braces! Call your dentists in West Roxbury, MA, Drs. Wehbe and Kaceli, at (617) 323-5000 to schedule your appointment.
Give Your Tooth a Second Chance
Dental crowns have been made from metal for several decades. While metal crowns have helped people retain their teeth, thanks to new technologies, you can now protect damaged teeth with metal-free dental crowns. Dr. Hazem Wehbe and Dr. Monica Kaceli are dentists in West Roxbury, MA, who can save your teeth with metal-free dental crowns.
The Advantages of Metal-free Crowns
Typically, metal-free crowns are made from ceramic or zirconium. Because of this, they appear more natural than many metal-based crowns. This is because the newer materials can mimic the translucent quality of your natural teeth. Another benefit of metal-free crowns from your dentist in West Roxbury is that because they are close to the same length as your natural teeth, they keep your bite even. Metal-free crowns are also less expensive than their traditional counterparts.
How do Dental Crowns Work?
A dental crown is a cap that fits around your natural tooth to restore its strength, shape, and appearance. Once a metal-free crown has been fixed in place, it completely covers your natural tooth. You may benefit from a dental crown to:
- Protect a tooth that is damaged or weakened
- Cover a broken tooth
- Restore a tooth that has become worn down
- Cover a tooth with a large dental filling
- Cover a dental implant
- Secure a dental bridge in the correct place
- Protect a tooth that has had a root canal
Taking Care of Your Dental Crowns
If you keep them in good condition, dental crowns can last for a long time. You should treat them just as you do your natural teeth. That means brushing and flossing twice each day and visiting your dentist for a checkup every six months. You can give them extra protection by wearing a mouthguard if you play sports and a nightguard if you tend to grind your teeth while you are sleeping.
If you’re looking for metal-free dental crowns in West Roxbury, MA, contact Dr. Wehbe and Dr. Kaceli today on West Roxbury (617) 323-5000.
Our dental team offers a variety of ways to replace your missing teeth to get you smiling again.
Choosing the right tooth replacement option for you isn’t always easy. Sometimes you need someone who is an expert on this subject to be able to guide you, answer questions and determine whether dental implants (or other artificial tooth replacements) are the ideal fit. This is exactly what our West Roxbury, MA, dentists Dr. Hazem Wehbe and Dr. Monika Kaceli can do for you.
Here are some of the ways in which our dental team can restore your smile after tooth loss.
Implants have become a very popular way to replace missing teeth because they are really as close to a real tooth as you can come. The implant itself replaces the roots of your missing tooth, which requires our West Roxbury, MA, restorative dentists to place the implant into the jawbone. Over time, the jawbone and implant naturally meld together until they become one solid unit. From there, a crown or multiple false teeth can be placed on top of the implant.
Implants offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- An artificial tooth that doesn’t require special care or maintenance
- A tooth that could last the rest of your life
- Preserved jawbone
- Fully restored chewing and speaking
If you are looking for a way to replace a single tooth then our dentists may recommend getting a dental bridge. In order to get a dental bridge we will need to make sure that the teeth that surround the gap are healthy enough to support your false teeth. If this is the case, then crowns are placed over teeth on both sides of the gap.
These crowns are connected to the pontic, or false tooth, in the middle. Once the crowns are cemented into place you will have a false tooth that will permanently fill the gap in your smile.
Bridges can be a great tooth replacement for these reasons:
- It’s a budget-friendly option
- Can be placed in just two visits
- No surgery needed
- Provides a fixed set of teeth that won’t shift or move around
If you are dealing with significant tooth loss dentures may be the easiest way to get your smile back on track. Dentures are designed to replace several teeth or even an entire row of teeth. They may be removable or held in place using special clasps or attachments. Dentures consist of a set of false teeth that sit on a foundation made to look like natural gum tissue.
Dentures also offer some great benefits including:
- A simple, straightforward way to replace all of your missing teeth
- A cost-effective tooth replacement option
- An easy, non-invasive treatment
- Dentures can be made and placed in weeks
- Implants can also be placed to support your current dentures
Want to learn more about dental implants or the other tooth replacement options we offer adults in West Roxbury, MA? If so, schedule a consultation with us today by calling (617) 323-5000.
A healthy smile looks attractive, functions well, and lasts indefinitely. However, tooth loss can compromise all of these elements. Fortunately, if you have lost tooth or two, dental implants may be able to restore your smile. Here at our office in West Roxbury office, Dr. Hazem Wehbe and Dr. Monika Kacelli provide implants to qualifying patients—read on to learn more!
What does a dental implant look like?
A dental implant resembles a threaded screw or smooth cylinder. During a minor surgical procedure at our West Roxbury office, your dentist places the implant into your jawbone. After a brief healing period during which the implant naturally fuses with the bone, your dentist attaches a short metal post and realistic porcelain crown to the screw, completing this amazing artificial tooth.
Are dental implants superior to conventional tooth replacements?
Each patient's oral health needs are different. However, in most cases, dental implants provide a better solution to tooth loss than fixed bridges or dentures.
Why are they superior? Well, it's largely due to how implants are able to improve the gum tissue and bone that lie under and support the implant. Through a natural process called osseointegration, the jaw bone bonds to the titanium implant device. Osseointegration creates a firm foundation for the post and crown which complete the new tooth.
With dental implants, your speech will be clear and your biting/chewing efficient and strong. You won't need to remove or soak your new teeth. Just brush and floss as you do natural teeth. Amazing!
Does the treatment take long?
Consultation and planning take one visit with your dentist, and dental implant insertion only takes one to two hours. However, healing and osseointegration can take 6-12 months to complete.
Are dental implants hard to care for?
Not at all! Simply brush twice daily and floss once-a-day as the American Dental Association (ADA) directs. If you have any unique hygiene needs, your dentist or hygienist will give you special care instructions.
Get more answers...
During your implant consultation with Dr. Wehbe or Dr. Kacelli, you'll have the opportunity to ask all the questions you want regarding dental implants and about your particular oral health needs. To book your personalized consultation, please contact our West Roxbury office team at (617) 323-5000. We open at 8 am Mondays through Saturdays.
If you want to love your smile just a little bit more, Invisalign might be right for you. Whether you're a teenager whose teeth are still developing or an adult who wants to straighten them discreetly, this alternative to metal braces uses clear aligners to transform your smile. H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care in West Roxbury, MA, implements this innovative, cutting-edge dental technology to create a customized treatment plan to help you achieve your orthodontic goals.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign aligners are clear, so they don't draw attention to your mouth as traditional metal braces do. They are easily removable, which means you can still eat and drink your favorite foods, and stay active in your favorite sports. Invisalign also makes it easier to brush, and floss because you don't have to maneuver between brackets. Whether you have an overbite, underbite, or teeth gaps, Dr. Hazem Wehbe in West Roxbury, MA, can assess your smile during the consultation process and develop a plan that is best suited to you.
The Treatment Process
During your initial consultation, we will scan your teeth to obtain a 3D image and ensure a great fit. There is no mold necessary, so you don't have to sit through the uncomfortable process. Once we finalize your treatment plan, you will receive your custom-made aligners that will shift your teeth in a matter of weeks. Every two weeks, you will change your aligners to start a new set. Invisalign treatment will take up to a year to complete, depending on your diligence with wearing your aligners 20-22 hours a day.
If you would like to begin straightening your smile on your terms, schedule a consultation with H.F. Wehbe, D.D.S, D.M.D. - Family Dental Care in West Roxbury, MA. To learn more about Invisalign as well as the services we provide, visit our website. For questions or concerns, please call (617) 323-5000.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
|Monday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday:||8:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday:||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday:||8:00 AM - 2:00 PM|